Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A rant, if you will


We do this a lot, my daughter and I. We sit in rocking chairs, car seats, floors, couches... She earnestly eats, running her little hand over my face and skin. We bond. I fall more and more in love.

She does not however, like to have a blanket, or cover or anything else suffocating her, blocking the view, or getting between my face and her little hand while eating. What does this mean now? It means I am done trying to feed my daughter "discreetly". Have you ever found yourself standing in a public restroom, trying to feed your child because you are trying to be discreet and there was nowhere else to go? I have. I would like to apologize to everyone waiting in line for the bathroom that night (there were 2 stalls in a busy restaurant).
Don't get me wrong. I will and have used a nursing cover. I will feed in a private place if one is available. Otherwise I'm going to tend to my daughter in the way SHE prefers.
Now I feel better. Husband agrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment