Sunday, August 7, 2011

oh, weekend..

Mixed weekend. Husband took me on a much needed, but delayed shopping trip (he likes to shop, I like it less). That part was actually fun and I got some new stuff for my post-baby self (which is very much like my pre-baby self, but different enough that some stuff just doesn't fit well anymore, get me?).
On the same day, we heard about the helicopter going down with 31 of our military on board.
Wow.
I cannot find any other words right now to describe this. Holding my baby daughter, my mind is overwhelmed by thoughts of other babies held by moms who have lost their men, all the parents that have lost their sons, all the friends and on and on. All the gapingly wide, jagged and torn holes left where these men stood. Their lives on earth have stopped. Have we stopped to remember, pay respect to, pray for these men and their families? Have I?
Or have we stopped paying attention because we have tired of hearing about this thing called 'war'? Forgetting that in 'war' there aren't 'casualties'- there are men who have given their lives. For you. And me. For a higher good.

So on this weekend I don't know how to feel. Thankful for time with my husband and daughter. An enjoyable day out. Time with friends. Incredible and inexpressible sadness for this great loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment