Friday, October 7, 2011

One of "those"`


I have become one of "those" parents. Yes, it's true. I used to babysit and then nanny frequently for first time parents, and inevitably they would have the hardest time leaving their babies. Veteran parents dumped the baby and ran for their lives. Kidding. Sort of. I always sort of laughed at the newbies. "Your child will survive," I thought smugly to myself. Now I have a baby. I have left her one time for two hours in her six months of life and that was with Daddy. I leave her a few mornings a week for like 20 mins with a friend so I can walk my dog Max but that doesn't really count. Does it?
I have to get my haircut and I've been stressing over that because it is 2 hours I'll be gone at least. She won't take a bottle (she will drink out of a cup if need be) and won't go to sleep without nursing. And if she wakes up and is groggy she screams like a crazy person if someone she doesn't see every day is holding her. But I made the appointment (actually my mom made it, I think to make sure I would) and I'll be leaving Sophie with her.
I am one of "those" parents. But only about this. My daughter can share toys with sick kids, eat dirt, get licked by our dogs, crawl on floors in public places and I am fine. But leaving her is another story.... Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment