Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Contentment


I have a theory about malls.
Most people are perfectly content with what they have, until they go to a mall and see what they could have.
I feel this way about my life sometimes.
I'm completely content, and generally in love with my life...
...and then I see what other people are doing...
and I need a moment to regroup.

I just caught up on what some of my former kids from another time in my life (when I was a youth worker) are doing. Crazy things. Hard things. Exciting things. Not folding laundry, walking dogs, being excited because they took the time to actually do something with their hair that needs to be cut so badly but who has the time?

But then I remind myself that God has put me in THIS life. My life. The one I really do love when I am not having a moment. The one that is crazy, hard and exciting all in it's own way. I need to live it faithfully. So I'm working on it.
Maybe some more coffee will help. yes? ;)

PS Sophie just woke up and smiled at me with her dimple and I was reminded that I wouldn't trade for anyone else's life. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment